QUGS RPGs

Forum for QUGS members to use for tabletop RPGs (D&D, Shadowrun, Werewolf, etc.)
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 IC: On the road...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kysene



Posts : 10
Join date : 2011-03-10

PostSubject: IC: On the road...   Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:33 pm

We stepped out of the temple (which disappeared because it never existed. Temple? What temple?) and began our journey north, towards what we believe will be the long-forgotten temple of Francis and Meghan the Avarice.

[Quick note, if anyone hasn't done post-by-post RP: Don't assume the actions of other characters unless you've been given the go-ahead. If that means you make short posts, then so be it.]

Kysene grumbles at the arrogance of Vincent as she jumps on the back of her animal companion and flies at a low altitude. Looking down at the rest of her new companions, she wonders what their stories are... how and why they've come to be on the same path that she finds herself on.

She speaks in a deep, husky voice, loud enough to be heard over the song of the desert insects. "So... Uhh... I'm Kysene. What about you guys?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kysene



Posts : 10
Join date : 2011-03-10

PostSubject: Re: IC: On the road...   Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:14 pm

[OOC: wha?! don't tell me you guys are all walking off in a different direction from Ky and just leaving her! 10 views and no responses makes me a sad puppy...]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM



Posts : 14
Join date : 2011-03-09

PostSubject: Re: IC: On the road...   Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:02 pm

[ooc: I'd wager most of those are mine Razz]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kysene



Posts : 10
Join date : 2011-03-10

PostSubject: Re: IC: On the road...   Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:25 am

[Doesn't anyone want to shamelessly up their post count? Isn't that what forums are for?]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ector



Posts : 8
Join date : 2011-03-08

PostSubject: Re: IC: On the road...   Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:51 pm

Ector follows glumly, still irritable from the encouter in the temple. Bekoning the others to follow he walks with strides that are long for a dwarf, despite his small stature.

"I am Ector, exiled dwarf of the Norfax tundra. On what grounds have you joined me in this forsaken desert. Who in their right minds comes to such a place by choice?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kysene



Posts : 10
Join date : 2011-03-10

PostSubject: Re: IC: On the road...   Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:16 pm

Kysene chuckles, somewhat pleased by the break in the awkward silence. She rubs her bat's neck fondly as she speaks.

"My friend here mentioned that something would happen if I came. She wasn't sure what, and it piqued my curiousity. The desert isn't so terrible. Until the sand storms come, that is... The sand does get caught in my ears and the wind dries my nose."

Kysene took a drink from her flask and fumbled through her saddle bags for some dried meat. She put a handful into her mouth, and then thrust another handful at Ector (with a certain grace that only gnolls posess) and mumbled around her mouthful "want shome?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ector



Posts : 8
Join date : 2011-03-08

PostSubject: Re: IC: On the road...   Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:56 pm

Accepting the meat, Ector replies "Thanks, its not kobold is it? That stuff always give me indigestion. I was told about this place long ago, my parents had the idea to take me to the prophet while I was a child. Ive scouted the outskirts of the desert a few times, but its always been too warm for me to check out properly."

Washing a bite down with a gulp from a waterskin he hands some meat to a rabbit, who emerges from an unusual bag on his belt. At almost two feet tall the rabbit makes short work of the remaining meat. "Have you met Grail?" Asks Ector.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kysene



Posts : 10
Join date : 2011-03-10

PostSubject: Re: IC: On the road...   Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:28 pm

Kysene smiled, "Impala. I find it's difficult to get kobold meat that isn't either tainted with dark magic or too sinewy." To the oversized rabbit, she simply nodded her head in greeting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM



Posts : 14
Join date : 2011-03-09

PostSubject: Re: IC: On the road...   Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:42 pm

As the adventurers reach the end of the endless sands, where hearty shoots poke through the barrenness in twos and threes, it dawns on them that they had forgotten all about the wagon that took them from the nearest town out to the desert. And there it sits, thankfully unharmed, the two horses off their bridles and munching nonchallantly at the rough grass. A few boxes of adventuring supplies ride in the back, one of which looks unfamiliar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mirrage



Posts : 4
Join date : 2011-03-09

PostSubject: Re: IC: On the road...   Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:55 pm

Arthiel walks up to the new box of supplies cautiously, doing what she can to detect an hints of dark magic that may reside in the boxes. After the adventures in the not-temple, she isn't taking any chances.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM



Posts : 14
Join date : 2011-03-09

PostSubject: Re: IC: On the road...   Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:47 pm

The box contains some magical items, but the crate itself is benign.

There is a note tacked onto the box. It reads:

"
ADVENTURERS

In famous form, you're all setting off without really knowing where you're going. I had a feeling you would be, so I decided to leave you these. Best of luck in finding the Twins.

V
"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ector



Posts : 8
Join date : 2011-03-08

PostSubject: Re: IC: On the road...   Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:49 am

Seeing Arthiel check the box, Ector waits for the all clear before carefully removing the objects from the crate and lining them up along the side of the wagon for all to see.

[OOG; Reflex:+8, fort: +9, Will:+3. In case it ends up being relevant.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM



Posts : 14
Join date : 2011-03-09

PostSubject: Re: IC: On the road...   Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:03 pm

[don't sweat the stats. you're fine. it's just a box full of nice things.]


Inside the box, you find:

10 scrolls of Create Water (CL 20) signed, "V"; they are clipped together in a book. The handwriting is dreadful.

One rock of medium size. Detect magic identifies it as being magical but its aura is shrouded so you can't tell what school it's from.

1 wand of Vigor (cl 20) with a "V" etched into the handle. [oog: this has 20 charges remaining.]

One pair of nodescript tinted eyeglasses. Detect magic sees them as benign.

A journal with the word "EXALTED" scrawled across the front. There is an Ibis quill jammed into the pages, its feather crumpled. Detect magic identifies the pen as faintly magical in the Conjuration school.

A pamphlet titled "I Meant Nice to Meet You, not Please Duel Me! A Visitor's Guide to Xheng!" It has a cartoonish picture of a young man wearing Norfaxian furs beset by angry Xheng. This looks like it's for children.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ector



Posts : 8
Join date : 2011-03-08

PostSubject: Re: IC: On the road...   Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:24 pm

"Well Kysene seems to be excited to see this old thing again, her tails -puts on "nondescript tinted eyeglasses-" wagon."

YEEEAAAAHHHH....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM



Posts : 14
Join date : 2011-03-09

PostSubject: Re: IC: On the road...   Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:38 pm

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH


When you look at the wagon through the glasses, the aging wood that makes up its many planks seems wetter and younger, as though it was still a part of the tree it came from. The wagon looked somewhat derelict and untrustworthy but you see through the glasses that it has the strength of stone. When you move your hands away from your face, they have a faint ethereal glow to them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: IC: On the road...   

Back to top Go down
 
IC: On the road...
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Sonia Road (Thorns Regalia) weapon
» Naruto Shippuden: Road to Ninja (Grand Opening)
» Welcome to Sunny Florida ... wait ... crap.
» The Highways
» I walk a lonley road....

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
QUGS RPGs :: D&D Games :: Sol'Terra-
Jump to: